history.png

The History of Yost Pharmacy

It began with a baker’s dream to take care of his community through accessible and affordable pharmaceutical care. Valentine Yost, a German immigrant, earned his pharmacy degree while working as a baker at Kirschner’s Restaurant in Cincinnati. He began his pharmacy career at a pharmacy in Findlay Market and later at Christ Hospital. In 1945, he purchased The Mason Drug Store – located at 126 W. Main St. – which is now known as Yost Pharmacy.

about-us.png

Carrying on the family tradition, Val’s son, Richard Yost, along with wife Jane, bought the pharmacy in 1972, expanding and relocating the business to its current site at 120 W. Main St. The pharmacy grew again with an addition in 1986. A 2005 remodel expanded the pharmacy and compounding areas. Today, Dick runs this third-generation, independent pharmacy with two of his children, David Yost and Sarah McClain, both of whom are pharmacists.

  • Mon-Fri 8:30am-10pm
  • Sat 8:30am-8pm
  • Sun Noon-8pm

Phone: (513) 398-5010

Fax: (513) 459-7013

Email: info@yostpharmacy.com